Effective marketing starts with saying the right words to the right people at the right time. But that can be more difficult than it sounds. A messaging strategy gives you the tools your business needs to make that happen. But how do you create a decent messaging strategy?
A messaging strategy is a filter to figure out the right words to say to the right people.
The 5 components of any effective messaging strategy are:
- Audience: who are you trying to do business with?
- Problem: what is their issue?
- Solution: how can you help them?
- Credibility (Guide): why should they trust you?
- Action: what do they need to do to get started?
So where does all of this go? Use this as a filter for all of the content you create. It should be your internal guide as a team to produce a consistent brand message.