You’ve worked hard to create a beautiful new website and you’re ready to show it to the world. But what should you do before launching to make sure everything works right? We have a list of the top things every business should do before revealing a new website.
We have 55 things on our official website launch list, but these are the top 10 things to check when you launch a site.
- Set WordPress to allow indexing: Settings —> Reading: “Discourage search engines from indexing this site”
- Make sure Analytics is installed
- Add launch date to Analytics as a “shared annotation”
- Along with any other tracking software, like FreshMarketer or CrazyEgg
- Add new site to Google Search Console
- Listen for issues
- Make sure to submit your new sitemap
- Make sure test blog entries have been removed. Remove “uncategorized” category.
- Check time zone settings: eg. New York vs GMT -5
- Make sure posts are “by” the site owner
- Check for special characters.
- Invisible on Mac
- You can see them on Windows or Chrome OS.
- Set up redirects
- Check API keys for Google Maps and Google ReCaptcha
- Make sure your forms work