How much time do you spend on your Facebook marketing?
Are you posting the same type of content over and over again?
Do you even know how to measure your audience engagement? If you know how to measure your audience, are the stats from week to week the same?
These are all common problems – but we’re here to help. We’ve put together a list of 10 Facebook marketing tips that will rescue you from your rut:
1. You’re talking to a friend: The best way to reach your audience is to know what they are interested in and talk to them like a friend. That means that we’re not always going to talk about you… sometimes we should talk about other things that your reader would enjoy. Suggestions can include your local sports teams, recipes that match seasonal holidays, etc.
2. Use pictures: So many people are casually browsing through Facebook, images are the best way to grab your reader’s attention quickly. Look over your pictures and see what images your audience responds to… faces, close up product images, icons, slogans/banners? Don’t forget that you can also include emoticons (really…. think of posting to a friend)
3. Variety is the spice of life: Everyone learns differently. Some people really enjoy a well written blog post, but others might engage with video, Powerpoints, webinars, or even audio. Mix it up.
4. Sometimes there is a free lunch: Coupons, white papers, tip sheets, and more. Make a list of things that your customer would be interested in and sprinkle some of those things throughout your Facebook marketing calendar.
5. Know your audience: Facebook Insights will help you look at your posts and see what is working and what is not. If something is successful, produce more posts like those. Bonus tip: Facebook Insights will tell you when your fans are online. Time your posts for when they will get the most views.
6. Use apps to manage your Facebook page: There is a Facebook “Fan of the Week” app, Facebook Notes for increased functionality, and many more. Think of your Facebook page like a mini blog and add apps for Contest/Promotion, Newsletter, RSS Feed, Contact Us/Customer Support, and even Voting/Survey.
7. Manage your Mobile. You don’t have to be at your computer to manage your Facebook page. iPhone and Android both offer a Facebook Pages Manager app that will allow you to comment and post right from your phone or tablet.
8. Recycle your content: It’s great to chime in on trending topics, but if you have a post that is relevant any time of year and gets a spark from your readers, recycle it every so often with updates or by introducing it a different way.
9. Be a tease: When sharing a blog post or article, make the title something that will make your reader curious enough to click the link. If it’s a numbered list, try something like, “#6 has always worked for me.”
10. Ask and you will receive: Ask your fans to help by asking questions or inviting them to join a conversation. You’ll be connecting directly with your audience. Calls to action are VERY effective.
Let us know how these tips work for you – we’d love to hear from you in the comments section below.