Yahoo! Wordpress 3.9 is here.
WordPress 3.9 updates include:
- Updated TinyMCE: Have you ever pasted copy from a MS Word document into WordPress and ended up with a mess of bad code in the text editor? This is not only bad for SEO, but it’s ugly too. This update fixes this issue. (The “Paste from Word” button you probably never noticed has been removed.)
- Widget management to live previews: The ability to upload, crop, and manage header images, without needing to leave the preview has been added.
- 3.8′s beautiful new theme browsing experience has been added to the theme installer.
- Galleries now receive a live preview in the editor. Upload some photos and insert a gallery to see this in action.
- A faster way to load images: You can now drag-and-drop images directly onto the editor to upload them.
- Improvements to simple image editing within WordPress: It’s a lot easier to make changes to an image after you insert it into a post and you no longer get kicked to a new window when you need to crop or rotate an image.
- New audio/video playlists. Upload a few audio or video files to test these.
There are no major security updates in this version, so take your time and upgrade carefully. However, the previous few updates (3.8.2 and then 3.8.3) were security-focused, so be sure you’re at least on that level. Happy upgrading!