The best marketers are constant learners. We must keep up with plenty of trends to remain relevant. To help with that, let’s take a look at the six most popular ways to stay on top of digital marketing professional development.
Why is learning important for marketers?
- It’s always changing.
- There are no experts.
- It keeps you sharp and curious.
- You can be more well-rounded.
- Books are undervalued.
- Expand your definition of reading: audiobooks count, too.
- A few reading suggestions:
- Podcasts are easy to listen passively.
- Practice active listening: take notes, and take action
- Some suggestions:
- Conferences are more active and offer an experience
- These are a quick boost of inspiration and encouragement
- Create a plan to get the most out of your time & investment
- Some suggestions
4. Email newsletters
- They’re making a comeback
- Good way to curate lots of online content
- Avoid content overload by subscribing wisely
- They help to shortcut experience.
- Help you focus on a relationship
- Find someone you want to be more like
- Find a professional program to help connect you
- They’re mutually beneficial for both of you
6. Make it stick
- Make learning a regular habit
- Take notes to help it remain in your head
- Take action – implement what you learned
- Share what you learned